Sparkling Sugar Cookies For Easter
These sparkling little sugar cookies are the perfect Easter snack with a cup of tea! Nestle them into paper muffin cups for the Easter Bunny to deliver as a sweet gift! (Scroll down for the recipe)
Pull out all the colored sugars, sprinkles, and non pareils from your pantry. Use one color at a time, or experiment with custom combinations using a teaspoon of each color. It’s easier to roll the dough in the sugars if you use a small bowl, and tip it to the side to allow the sugars to cover the cookie completely.
Sparkling Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla or lemon extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- variety of sparkling sugars, tiny non pareils, sprinkles
- Cream the butter and sugar with a mixer, and add the egg and flavoring. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add half of the dry mixture to the sugar mixture, then 1 tbsp of milk. Alternate flour and milk until completely mixed into dough.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls (not any larger)
- roll in colored sugars, or mix sugar with sprinkles and/or tiny non pareils to make custom color combinations
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight ziplock bag.
Easter Bunny Brings Avocados!
Did you know that the Easter Bunny visits our ranch? Hop over here to see!