Sparkling Sugar Cookies For Easter
These sparkling little sugar cookies are the perfect Easter snack with a cup of tea! Nestle them into paper muffin cups for the Easter Bunny to deliver as a sweet gift! (Scroll down for the recipe)
Pull out all the colored sugars, sprinkles, and non pareils from your pantry. Use one color at a time, or experiment with custom combinations using a teaspoon of each color. It’s easier to roll the dough in the sugars if you use a small bowl, and tip it to the side to allow the sugars to cover the cookie completely.
Sparkling Sugar Cookies
Sweet treats rolled in sparkling sugars are perfect party snacks, thoughtful gifts, or a tasty morsel with a cup of tea.
Servings 30 cookies
- 1/2 cup salted butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla or lemon extract
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- variety of sparkling sugars, tiny non pareils, sprinkles
- Cream the butter and sugar with a mixer, and add the egg and flavoring. Mix thoroughly.
- Mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add half of the dry mixture to the sugar mixture, then 1 tbsp of milk. Alternate flour and milk until completely mixed into dough.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls (not any larger)
- roll in colored sugars, or mix sugar with sprinkles and/or tiny non pareils to make custom color combinations
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight ziplock bag.
If you prefer a cookie that spreads out, use only 1/2 tsp baking soda.
Easter Bunny Brings Avocados!
Did you know that the Easter Bunny visits our ranch? Hop over here to see!
Leave a reply →