Coconut Chicken Quinoa Salad with Grilled Artichokes, Avocado and Sundried Tomatoes
This healthy quinoa salad features chicken and vegetables cooked in coconut milk and can be served chilled or warm.
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken
- 1 sweet onion
- 2-3 small zucchini or yellow squash
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can Trader Joe's coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp. garlic powder or two cloves minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups cooked Bob's Red Mill quinoa
- 1 or 2 packages Roland grilled artichoke hearts
- 3/4 cup Bella Sun Luci Julienne Cut Sun Dried Tomatoes
- several ripe California avocados
Brown the chicken in a large skillet. Add the garlic powder and 1/2 can coconut milk. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until the chicken is very tender and the coconut milked has reduced. Chop the chicken into bitesize pieces.
While the chicken is cooking, rinse and cook 2 cups of quinoa according to the directions on the package. When the chicken is done, fold the cooked quinoa into the chicken.
Thinly slice the squash and onion and sautee in the olive oil. Add the remaining 1/2 can of coconut milk and cook until the squash is al dente.
Fold the squash and onion mixture into the quinoa and chicken.
Add the grilled artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or chilled. Top with chunks of ripe avocado.