Chicken Tamale Potato Salad with California Avocados
On hot summer days it's great to have a one-bowl meal that can be made ahead! Chicken Tamales in Green Sauce add an authentic Mexican flavor to traditional potato salad, providing the perfect pairing with creamy California avocados.
Servings 12 servings
- 3-4 lbs of red potatoes boiled and drained, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 -6 Del Real Chicken Tamales in Green Sauce
- 1 15 oz can sweet corn drained (or use fresh corn)
- 1 3.8 oz can sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice optional
- 1 large California avocado peeled and cut into chunks
- Salt and Pepper
Remove the tamales from the corn husks and chop into small pieces. In a large bowl, mix together the slice potatoes, chopped tamales, corn, and olives.
In a separate bowl, make the dressing by mixing together the mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, scallions, and lime juice.
Fold the dressing into the salad until everything is well coated. Add the chopped cilantro. Chill the salad until ready to serve.
Top with chunks of fresh avocado and garnish with sprigs of fresh cilantro.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.