Today I’m relaxing with a cup of coffee and a piece of pumpkin bread, thinking about the past two years of writing Mimi Avocado. When I first started my blog I wasn’t sure how to get started, so I took a class, went to conferences, read books, tried out tutorials online, and began meeting other
bloggers online publishers. I soon discovered that the people I met had several things in common: curiosity, creativity, and generosity. I have yet to meet a blogger who wasn’t willing to share their knowledge, happy to trade ideas and strategies, and eager to hear about what others are doing.
Each time we come together for an event, meet one-on-one for lunch, or pick up the phone for a chat, one topic always comes up in the conversation: community…beginning with our families and neighborhoods, but stretching to include the people we meet through our writing and photography. It’s an ever widening circle, always expanding to include new writers, readers, and friends from around the world.
November 16 marked two years since I started writing Mimi Avocado. The sweetest part of that day came as a gift of homemade pumpkin bread from my son and his fiancé, and a note that meant the world to me. It’s one thing to know that all of you are out there reading my posts, trying recipes, enjoying photos. It’s another thing to realize that my own family sees what I do…and would reach out to recognize it in a supportive way.
Blogging has brought funny and crazy times to our household. “What did you hide in the lasagna this time?” “Is that for dinner or is it for your blog?” (answer: both!) The family is beginning to get used to the collection of odd plates, bowls, and placemats that is growing in the pantry…props for photos. And the camera in the kitchen. “Can we eat that, or are you still taking pictures?” When the UPS man brings a package now, it might not be farm supplies…it could be several boxes of pickles!
A few months ago I entered a giveaway and won was a whole year’s supply of pickles! I never used to enter giveaways either…because I believed I probably wouldn’t win. But I’ve learned to go ahead and enter…and guess what…once in a while I actually do win something! (By the way, these are REALLY GOOD PICKLES…as many of my friends will attest who have received them as gifts. See what I mean? Blogging is all about sharing!)
Speaking of giveaways, how would you like to win an IPad Mini? When some blogging friends invited me to join them for a really nice giveaway, how could I resist? After all, Mimi Avocado just celebrated her 2nd blog-aversary! That’s a big reason to celebrate, right? When you enter our giveaway, you’ll have a chance to get acquainted with my wonderful blogging friends too!
Just use the Rafflecopter widget (scroll down to the end of this post to find it) and follow instructions. I would LOVE it if one of my readers won these exciting prizes!
I am partnering up with nine other wonderful food bloggers to say thank you to our loyal readers. One lucky reader will win an iPad mini, two free e-books from Stephanie Weaver(Twelve Terrific Christmas Cookie Recipes) and Laura Bashar and Mary Platis (Cooking Techniques with Olive Oil), and this wonderful KIND cube of healthy snacks.
Including Mimi Avocado, your hosts for this sweepstakes are:
California Greek Girl: Mary Platis
Family Spice: Laura Bashar
Jolly Tomato: Jeanne Fratello
Liv Life : Kim Kelly
Mimi Avocado: Mimi Holtz
Recipe Renovator: Stephanie Weaver
Rustic Garden Bistro: Kim Burnell
She’s Cookin: Priscilla Willis
Shockingly Delicious: Dorothy Reinhold
The Spicy RD: E.A. Stewart
From December 2nd to 3rd, KIND will offer $10 off our KIND Healthy Indulgence Cube (normally $42.50) by entering GIVE at checkout. To help give back at the same time, for every cube purchased KIND will make a donation to City Harvest, a food rescue organization dedicated to feeding the hungry. Customers who purchase a cube can feel good knowing that each purchase will help feed 12 people in need, which is needed even more now given recent cuts in food stamps. Take part in #GivingTuesday by sharing this link and offer, and ordering some yummy snacks for yourself or a friend. Also would make a wonderful gift to send to an office.
Required FTC disclosure: The sweepstakes items were provided by KIND Snacks and California Greek Girl, Liv Life, Family Spice, Jolly Tomato, Mimi Avocado, Recipe Renovator, Rustic Garden Bistro, She’s Cookin, Shockingly Delicious, and The Spicy RD. I was not paid to write this post.
Sweepstakes Official Rules:
By using the Rafflecopter widget below you are agreeing to the Official Rules, outlined here.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Only residents of the U.S. over the age of 18 are eligible to enter.
- Duration: Sunday December 1st through Monday December 16, 2013 at 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time.
- Use the Rafflecopter widget to enter.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- Winner will be selected by Rafflecopter within 48 hours of the sweepstakes closing and contacted by email. Winners have 24 hours to respond to their notification email to claim their prize. If they do not respond, another winner will be chosen by Rafflecopter. All prizes will be awarded.
- We are not liable for technical failures or typographical errors, or resolving identity disputes related to the winner.
- We will obtain winners’ name and mailing addresses in the notification email. Once prize(s) have been mailed we will maintain that information for up to one year but will not use it for any other purpose.
- This sweepstakes is sponsored by KIND Snacks, California Greek Girl, Liv Life, Family Spice, Jolly Tomato, Mimi Avocado, Rustic Garden Bistro, She’s Cookin, Shockingly Delicious, The Spicy RD, and Recipe Renovator, P.O. Box 34054, San Diego, CA 92163-4054. (619) 365-5065.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Prize description: Grand prize: 1 iPad mini, 1 KIND snacks cube, 1 digital copy of Cooking Techniques with Olive Oil, 1 digital copy of Twelve Terrific Christmas Cookie Recipes. Total retail value $354.48.