It’s summertime and guess where I am? Vermont! Today is one of the most perfect summer days I have seen in a long time…so my mother, daughter, and I drove out to the Bragg Farm in East Montpelier to get a Maple Creemee. If you are ever traveling in Vermont, be sure to sample the maple soft serve ice cream (in local vernacular it’s called a “creemee”). It wouldn’t be summer in Vermont without maple creemees! Last night we celebrated my birthday (which doesn’t officially happen until later this week). It was very special to have 2 of my siblings, my sister’s husband, one niece, one daughter AND my mother here …plus our wonderful neighbors and their grandson. It was a real old-fashioned 4th of July party with fireworks in the yard. In Vermont we can buy and shoot off fireworks (with a permit) and there were beautiful bursts of color appearing on the distant hillsides as other families enjoyed their celebrations…plus millions of fireflies out in the field! I was so happy when some of my San Diego food blogging friends asked if I would like to participate in a giveaway …it’s the perfect way to celebrate a BIG BIRTHDAY (any guesses?) by giving a gorgeous Kitchenaid Mixer to one of you. Scroll down for the details…I hope you enter! I would LOVE it if one of my readers could win this beautiful prize package! Click on the link at the bottom of this post: “a rafflecopter giveaway” to enter ! What kinds of ice cream will you make if you win? How about making your own maple creemee? I’d love to try that! I’m excited to be partnering with other San Diego Food Bloggers to offer this wonderful summer giveaway to our readers. Win a 5-quart chrome finish KitchenAid mixer with the specialty ice cream attachment, and a copy of the ultimate ice cream book, David Lebovitz’s The Perfect Scoop: Ice Creams, Sorbets, Granitas, and Sweet Accompaniments.
If you haven’t visited my friends’ blogs, please do check them out!
Barbara Cooks Barbara makes gorgeously fresh food, and all of her recipes include Weight Watchers’ Points and nutrition information. Here’s her Coconut Berry Swirl ice cream. California Greek Girl Mary showcases the healthy Greek lifestyle with a Southern California twist. She’s the co-author of Cooking Techniques with Olive Oil. Here’s her Mango Tango Sorbet. Indiaphile Puja and Steve demystify amazing Indian dishes with a fresh modern flair, and often include step-by-step photography. Here’s their Mint Avocado Kulfi. Kitchen Konfidence Brandon’s photography is drop-dead gorgeous, with creative recipes perfect for entertaining including lots of tasty cocktails. Check out his ice cream recipes. The Seaside Baker Don’t be thrown off by the title, Jackie features recipes of all kinds, not just baked goods. But as a professional baker, her cookies and treats rock. Check out her amazing ice cream sandwiches. Looking for maple? Try my Fresh Figs and Walnuts Glazed with Maple Syrup over ice cream. Sweepstakes Official Rules: By using the Rafflecopter widget below you are agreeing to the Official Rules, outlined here.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
- Only residents of the U.S. over the age of 18 are eligible to enter.
- Duration: Monday July 7 through Monday July 21, 2014 at 11:59 PM Pacific Standard Time.
- Use the Rafflecopter widget to enter.
- The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
- Winner will be selected by Rafflecopter within 48 hours of the sweepstakes closing and contacted by email. Winners have 24 hours to respond to their notification email to claim their prize. If they do not respond, another winner will be chosen by Rafflecopter. All prizes will be awarded.
- We are not liable for technical failures or typographical errors, or resolving identity disputes related to the winner.
- We will obtain winners’ name and mailing addresses in the notification email. Once prize(s) have been mailed we will maintain that information for up to one year but will not use it for any other purpose.
- This sweepstakes is sponsored by Barbara Cooks, California Greek Girl, Indiaphile, Kitchen Konfidence, Mimi Avocado, The Seaside Baker, Ten Speed Press, and Recipe Renovator, P.O. Box 34054, San Diego, CA 92163-4054. (619) 365-5065.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Prize description: KitchenAid 5-quart Pro stand mixer in Chrome, KitchenAid ice cream attachment, one paperback copy of The Perfect Scoop. Retail value: $468.97.