What do you do when you have just one pear, a big box of quick oats, and a container of vanilla Greek yogurt in the fridge? Make this quick bread and enjoy it with a cup of tea! This is a healthy snack that’s full of fiber and not too sweet.
The quick oats and yogurt are mixed together first, and then added to the batter. Then chunks of fresh pear (I left the skin on) are folded in and it bakes in 45 minutes!
The batter is thick and lumpy, but it bakes into a rustic loaf that is perfect for an afternoon snack or a breakfast treat.
Vanilla Pear Oatmeal Quick Bread
- 1 cup Vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped fresh pear
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a loaf pay with no-stick cooking spray
- In a bowl, blend the oats into the Greek yogurt and set aside.
- In a larger bowl, stir together the egg, oil, and brown sugar.
- Stir in the all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir the yogurt mixture into the flour mixture, forming a thick lumpy batter.
- Fold in the chopped pear.
- Using a rubber spatula, slide the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the bread comes out clean.
- Remove bread from the pan and place on a cooling rack until cooled.
- Slice and serve.
Disclosure: I did not receive free product, nor was I compensated for this post. I heard about the #madewithChobani Greek Yogurt creative project and decided to help support the project.
Get Creative with Greek Yogurt!
Everyone is invited to participate! What would you make with Greek yogurt? Take a photo and share your fall recipe creation on social media with hashtag #madewithchobani. Need some inspiration? Check out these Greek yogurt recipes! Read about the founder of Chobani here.
Leave a reply →