Today I tried a new potato salad using Del Real Foods Chicken Tamales in Green Sauce. Remember when I made the Beef Tamale Pie with their Beef Tamales? Now that it’s summer, I’m craving potato salad, and I’m looking for ways to add flavors and ingredients for a one-bowl dinner that can be made ahead of time. Del Real Foods is hosting a recipe contest, so I requested some more of there products to try. This Chicken Tamale Potato Salad is the perfect summer supper with plenty of southwest flavor paired with creamy California avocados!
Del Real Foods chicken tamales made with green sauce are flavored with a blend of sweet tomatillos and green chiles. Heat the tamales according to the directions on the package (either in the microwave or steam them) and then remove the corn husks. Chop up the soft tamales and add them to a bowl of cooked red potatoes that have been sliced into 1/2 inch slices. On top of that add sweet corn and sliced ripe olives!
In a separate bowl, mix up the dressing. Ingredients include mayonnaise, dijon mustard, sour cream, chopped scallions and fresh chopped cilantro. Squeeze in a little lime juice, if you like!
The tamales are filled with cooked chicken leg meat and the flavorful green sauce. Mix the dressing into the sliced potatoes, tamales, corn, and olives. Put the salad into the fridge until you’re ready to serve. Then top with chunks of perfectly ripe fresh California avocados!
Please vote for this salad in the Del Real Foods Recipe Challenge: click here and then vote once a day! Vote for Mimi Avocado’s Potato Salad!
Chicken Tamale Potato Salad with California Avocados
- 3-4 lbs of red potatoes boiled and drained, sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- 3 -6 Del Real Chicken Tamales in Green Sauce
- 1 15 oz can sweet corn drained (or use fresh corn)
- 1 3.8 oz can sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice optional
- 1 large California avocado peeled and cut into chunks
- Salt and Pepper
- Remove the tamales from the corn husks and chop into small pieces. In a large bowl, mix together the slice potatoes, chopped tamales, corn, and olives.
- In a separate bowl, make the dressing by mixing together the mayonnaise, mustard, sour cream, scallions, and lime juice.
- Fold the dressing into the salad until everything is well coated. Add the chopped cilantro. Chill the salad until ready to serve.
- Top with chunks of fresh avocado and garnish with sprigs of fresh cilantro.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Del Real Foods sent me a package of Chicken Tamales with Green Sauce, along with several other products, to use for a recipe context they are hosting. All opinions and experiences are mine.
Leave a reply →